Thursday, August 9, 2012

Who Does He Think He Is?


It started out with a few cheap dates. Long walks and summer concerts in the park, but it was all still great. One night he even cooked for me. We sipped on fine French wine. Next came the kiss and I knew this man was mine. Final Destination three was the movie of choice. Now on to the couch we went. As soon as he came close to me, there I heard that tiny little voice. The one that reminded me of how he never really spent any money on me. The one that reminded me of how he rarely texts or calls. The one that reminded me that he dressed way too nice and almost looked better than me (and I can’t have a man that outdoes me lol). After all the kissin’ and huggin’, I had to explain that there would be no more lovin’. “Why don’t you like me”, I asked? (and that was a rarity for me) “I didn’t say that”, he explained. I told him I thought we were on two different pages. He just smirked and asked which pages I thought were different. This was all brand new for me. I’ve never had to ask so many questions or chase a man down….I wasn’t about to start now. So I ended it right then and there. “Let’s just go our separate ways” I gently told him. He laughed and called me dramatic. All I could think as I walked out the door was, “Who does he think he is?”

No comments:

Post a Comment