Sunday, August 12, 2012

Not Yours, Not Mine, But God's

I can try to be who others want me to be, but I will never be good enough. I can try to be who I want me to be, but I would still come up short. Only when I become who God wants me to be, then will I be my best.

Learning to surrender to God's will for your life takes maturity. It may take years for some to actually get there and come to the realization that they can't just do whatever they want. Don't worry, it took me a while too. And I although I know, I don't always DO what I know I should. Why is that? A question left unanswered at the moment. When flesh gets in the way it causes us to sin. We, as people, love to do what WE want to do. In order for us to start doing what God wants us to do, we must first live by the priniples of conscious Christian living, which is prayer and Bible study. If you're doing these two things on a daily basis, you're well on your way to becoming who God wants you to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment